Holiday nightmare

Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
hotdog321
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,088
Like?
Re: Holiday nightmare
In reply to TIMELORD28, Feb 14, 2012

I once dropped a Vivitar 283 into the deep end of a swimming pool. I fished it out, removed the batteries, and dried it as best I could. I let it dry for a couple of days, and it worked just fine for years afterwards!

Although the salt water causes corrosion, you might rescue your strobe by removing the batteries, dunking and rinsing in clean water, and let it dry for a few days by a radiator or something.

Electronics can take a terrific beating and keep on working!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow