V1 Summilux

Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
JacquesBalthazar
Regular MemberPosts: 451Gear list
Like?
Re: Focus? Summicron 35 here
In reply to rhlpetrus, Feb 14, 2012

rhlpetrus wrote:

Very nice color and texture. That's 135mm equivalent (FF), so it should produce nice bokeh. How hard was it to get focus right?

I'm looking forward to use my old Summicron 35 on the V1, it'll be 95mm equivalent, f/2, likely nice portrait lens. And I'll have the 35 f/2 Nikkor to compare it to. How did you adapt it?

I used the "dumb" adapter described a couple of posts higher. Was not that easy to focus in the bad light I was facing. The 50mm f1.4 was easier. Is a bit like the old days with manual focus SLRs: the wider the lens, the harder to estimate exact point of focus on the "ground glass". In bad light, with no focusing aid and no magnifier, the EVF is not that pleasant to use with the 35mm. The 50mm snaps real well. The 35mm less so.... A pity because that is a real nice little package (V1 + 35 'cron).

Yesterday did a couple of pics with my 90mm Elmarit at f2.8 in similar bad light (at 400 ISO with manual flash), and that was much easier.... (ignore crappy light mix)

JacquesBalthazar's gear list:JacquesBalthazar's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/50 Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow