Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JackM
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,808Gear list
Like?
S100, Full Circle
Feb 14, 2012

I've come full circle. I started with a 4mp Canon S45. That camera was great but unusable above ISO 200. Even 200 was pushing it. I remember thinking "man, if I could only have clean ISO 400, I'll be all set." That pushed me into DSLRs. I've built a photography side business up to the point where I have a 5DII, 7D, and some really great lenses. I have clean ISO 1600, and very good 3200.

But now I have my clean ISO 400 in a point and shoot and beyond! This is great. I can't wait to sneak up on my kids and exploit this camera's discreteness. They are often annoyed now by me and my big DSLRs.

Here's a quick first pic. Yeah it's posed, but she played along for the sake of the new toy. I told her to look serious to go along with the glasses. In my S45 days I could never have dreamed I'd be able to take a picture like this with a point-n-shoot.

JackM's gear list:JackM's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +6 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow