Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TheSquid
Regular MemberPosts: 206
Like?
E7 wish list now that the OM-D series is out
Feb 14, 2012

Now that we've seen the samples of the pre-release E-M5....it's apparent that Olympus has high ISO capability for their next E-series release. So if they just throw those internals into an E5 body and call it an E7, it's a winner.

However, since the PDAF is required for the E-series and currently that requires a mirror system, we know that there has to be more tech than what's in the E-M5 to make a 4/3 camera.

So, here's a couple of wishes that I'd like to see for starters....

1. OVF with either secondary EVF next to it (yes, I know...two eyecups) or if they can figure out how to have the pentaprism allow an EVF to shine through the OVF so you could have either one active depending on what you are doing.....The EVF (I haven't looked through one yet) seems like it should have some great uses and there would be times that would come in handy whereas the OVF is also something that many will want no matter how good an EVF is. One way I can think of making it have both is to have the focusing screen of the pentaprism also house an LCD screen that goes clear when not in use so you see the standard OVF view....or you get the EVF view when the mirror is up. Considering the size and focus area, this should be an easy item to incorporate....especially one that is higher resolution than currently out.

2. I'm not sure if they've incorporated this into the E-M5, but since the IBIS system now gives rotational recovery, how about having the IBIS also give a level photo when the camera is near level? Just think of action sports shooting with the horizon level every shot. This could also be a setting turned on in the menu.

3. An expanded curves feature (not sure if this is actually needed since I haven't been able to see how much control the current new one has) giving more control than 3 points....more along the lines of the 8 spot readings of yesteryear or even better, the ability of in camera Zone System to allow the photographer to place each element of the image in the zone they want those to appear. Ansel would be in love with a camera than could do that.

Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow