Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sinnettc
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,501Gear list
Like?
Alaska Cruise lens selection?
Feb 14, 2012

The wife's talking about a cruise to Alaska this summer so I'm thinking about what lenses to take. I've got the DA* 16-50 and DA* 50-135 which will be in the bag but I'm in a bit of a quandary about what to do for longer reach.

I've also got the DA 55-300 (metal mount) and a monstrous/heavy K500/4.5. I could sell one, or both, and buy the DA* 60-250 or the DA* 300. Neither would give me the reach of the 500/4.5 but I think the increased resolution would let me crop if I had to and they're definitely going to be easier to cart around.

So if I buy one of the DA*'s, the question becomes, which is the better complement to my existing kit? The 60-250 or 300? Is there a noticeable difference in image quality between the two?

Thoughts?

-- hide signature --
 Sinnettc's gear list:Sinnettc's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax Q10 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +2 more
Pentax K-500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow