Sigma 24mm f1.8 on FX

Started Feb 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Summit_pg
Regular MemberPosts: 270Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 24mm f1.8 on FX
In reply to pete_mb, Feb 14, 2012

Hi Pete. The Sigma 24mm is pretty funky. I would love to have the Nikon, but I simply cannot afford it at this time.

The Sigma 24mm is really really versatile, and makes for a fun walk around lens. It focuses close enough that your subject can actually be inside the lens hood, so its cool for macro. The lens is hit or miss with landscape; it certainly wouldn't be my pick, but it would more than suffice if its the lens that you have on the camera. I use the lens most for just fun shots with bokeh. The bokeh is pretty crazy most of the time; with a decent background its OK, but it gets very nervous very quick!

My copy back-focused quite significantly. Luckily, the adjustability with my D700 seemed to correct it. More than anything, I found that the lens has a steep learning curve. I have heard the same thing about people with the Nikon 24mm f1.4. Having such a wide/fast lens is tricky, but once you get used to it its pretty fun. Here are a few shots from mine!

Summit_pg's gear list:Summit_pg's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow