Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dhanks
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Just bought M9-P
Feb 14, 2012

I'm just a hobbyist. Been using DSLR and P&S for years.

I've been waiting forever to get a digital range finder. Been waiting very patiently since about 1999. I figured Nikon or Canon would come through, but alas it's 2012 and still nothing. Only players I see so far are Leica and Epson. To be perfectly honest, I didn't want to move towards Leica because of the insane Leica tax you have to pay for the body. I don't mind investing into lenses, because they last forever. Just drives me nuts I have to spend $7k on a digital body because there's absolutely no competition.

Oh well, enough of the rant. Should be getting the Leica M9-P in black sometime this week. Looking forward to making it my new camera. I love taking a camera with me everywhere I go and take it hiking as well.

From what I've seen there's no word on the M10; is this correct? I also seen that the M9 was released 2009, but the M9-P was released 8 months ago. Not sure what that means. I'm not up to speed on Leica's release train.

I hope that I didn't make a bad purchase into a M9-P when I could have waited another 6 months and get a M10. I've already been waiting for over 10 years, what's another 6 months, right? Irony kills me.

I also have a 35mm f/2.5 lens. I suppose this will do just fine? Any other recommendations for landscape and portraits?

Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow