I joined the club - New NEX 5n user

Started Feb 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
changas2188
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?
Re: I joined the club - New NEX 5n user
In reply to KJRitchie, Feb 13, 2012

Hey KJRitchie,

I say do it! I had a look at the NEX7 before making the leap on Nex 5n and decided to go for the NEX 5n based on its ISO performance and fewer MP (that's right, fewer MP) To me 16mp is perfect and I would always rather ISO performance than MP. The NEX7 crams too many MP into that APS-C sensor for my liking and with more MP it means bigger cards, more space on comp, slower upload speeds etc etc. - my $0.02.

The reason I bought the NEX 5n is mainly for travel. As a working photog who lugs a D3s everyday and an assortment of fast lenses, ie. 28-70 2.8, 16-35 f4 and 70-200 2.8 and several flashes and what not, you can quickly see how the NEX system is a good compliment to my kit. The Nex 5n has (as much as I hate to admit it being some what of a Nikon fanboy) the same sensor as the amazing D7k. It's not FF but hey, pretty damn amazing. It shoots RAW, amazing ISO perfect amount of MP and damn good video if you know what you're doing.

I'll wait till my EVF arrives but, yeah.. pull the trigger and get the 5n!

Cheers,

KJRitchie wrote:

I'm about ready to make the plunge. My current camera is a Nikon D40 with 18-200VR1 lens. Not sure I'll use it much after the NEX.

I was tempted to get the NEX 7 but I think the NEX 5N is better for my needs and experience level. I plan to get the 55-210 lens, the external mic and a couple of filters. I'm waiting for the black body model to come in stock.

Kelvin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow