ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Belonesox
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Need help from Sony A65/A77 owners
Feb 13, 2012

Hi all.

I recently sold an A65 to someone, and it was like-new, barely used. This person noticed that the A65 has a long shutdown time, and wrote to Sony support about it. He told them that it would take "about 10 seconds" for the lens to park itself, after switching the camera off. Sony replied that that was not normal and to reset the camera by removing the battery. After that, they told him that the camera needs servicing because the re-setting did not work. All that based only upon a statement of "about 10 seconds"...I can't believe Sony would do that.

Now I did some research, including this forum, and found out that there are several comments about the shutdown time of both the A65 and the A77 on the internet. There is even a video of an A65 on Youtube which takes 7 or 8 seconds for the sensor cleaning to occur (no lens on the camera).

I would be very grateful if every owner of either an A65 or A77 here would take the time to do a simple test, and maybe help future questioning about this issue. If you could simply use a stop-watch and calculate the total shutdown time, from swithing to "OFF" to the lens retracting to infinity, and post your results here. Thanks in advance.

Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow