Started Feb 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cmykhk
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
D800E and Moire (True or False)
Feb 13, 2012

I am seriously considering a D800 or D800E, but have no experience in dealing with Moire. I sincerely hope that there are professionals and people who have used digital camera without AA filter for years can help solve my query in my brain. I know there are so many discussions but the replies are rather too complicated or become not relevant.

For simplicity, most of my questions are true or false questions, except the last one is a rough estimation in %. Thank you very much for your help and sharing of your knowledge and experience.

1. Can moire pattern be completed removed in post-processing?

2. False color cannot be completed removed in post-processing?

3. Moire and false color can hardly be corrected when they are taking into the movie?

4. Does D800E have in-camera processing of Moire (that means has Moire been processed before it comes into a raw NEF file)?

5. Can it be easily noted when previewing the image on the LCD of the camera?

6. Is it true for the below remedials when Moire is noted while taking photos:
6a. Move your body just front / back an inch, the Moire will be gone
6b. Zoom your lens (if it is a zoom lens..) just 1 mm, the Moire will be gone
6c. Change the focus a little bit, the Moire will be gone

7. How frequent would it occur, especially in such huge meage pixel D800E? Assumming I am always taking architecture and portrait, for example, 1% of those photos will have Moire?

Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
KateNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow