I know some of you think I am full of it . . .

Started Feb 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Genti Xhaferraj
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Re: I know some of you think I am full of it . . .
In reply to Steve Bingham, Feb 13, 2012

Steve,

He's indeed great! Had the pleasure to attend a 2 days workshop organized from Photosi (Italy) where David, Bambi Cantrell and Flavio Bandiera were invited to share their experiences.

Most interesting part was when the 3 of them had to compete: shooting the same 3 couples in the same 3 locations with 3 hrs (1 hour for each couple/location). Very very interesting results, amazing to see their different point of view and sometimes completely different output with the same locations and same couples.

Honestly, i liked most Flavio Bandiera (the link below contains the pictures from that shoot exactly) but that's a personal preference; i'm not in the status of judging who's best.

The thing with David's work is that he puts the couple as a complementary item in the picture; for him the background/foreground/ambient/shadows/forms/reflections come first and the couple second. This kind of work, to me, although being conceptually brilliant and a visual delight, lacks a bit the emotion that a wedding picture should trigger when viewed years after, something which surely should be at max when looking at a wedding album.

A very important advice i took from his speech was the 50/50 rule: 50% of the time shoot for the couple and 50% of the time shoot for yourself - the only way to experiment, try new things and come up with 'out of ordinary' work.

My .2 scents
Genti

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.274713742571304.66393.207185245990821&type=3

Genti Xhaferraj's gear list:Genti Xhaferraj's gear list
Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow