Started Jan 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
LeeStar
Regular MemberPosts: 310Gear list
Like?
Re: Friends votes
In reply to pitou250, Feb 13, 2012

pitou250 wrote:

LeeStar wrote:

The main one that raised my red flag is a person who voted only twice -- one was a 0.5 vote and one was a 5. IMO and looking at the voting so far, neither image deserved either vote.

Could be an honest vote.

If one doesn't want to spend the time and still add one's influence to the voting - that would be the approach: pick 1 favorite and 1 least favorite and give scores accordingly.
It seems less damaging than voting all images low except for one.

Not my approach - I only vote on complete challenges and avoid both extreme scores - but I don't interpret this particular pattern as a dishonest one.

There were a few other reasons for my concerns as well, but nothing I'm going to share because suspicion isn't enough to convict. I can tell you that the tentative results look a lot more realistic now that more people have voted after my post about it. As the previous poster mentioned, sadly there were quite a few entries that really don't grasp what film noir is. Having the obvious film noir shots doing poorly and some that aren't even noir beating them... well I suppose maybe the voters don't know either, but in any case more votes have definitely helped. Thanks to all who have helped!

Lee

-- hide signature --

"Above all, we are coming to understand that the arts incarnate the creativity of a free people. When the creative impulse cannot flourish, when it cannot freely select its methods and objects, when it is deprived of spontaneity, then society severs the root of art."
— John F. Kennedy

LeeStar's gear list:LeeStar's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C300 Kodak EasyShare Z650 Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow