Started Feb 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
IcyVeins
Senior MemberPosts: 1,342Gear list
Like?
Nikon S8200 vs Sosny HX7V
Feb 13, 2012

I can't decide between these two. I chose them because I want something with Sweep Panorama, like my A580 had before I had to sell it. I plan to use this feature quite a bit, shooting build interior residence shots. I was even considering the WX10 for it's f/2.4 and 24mm, but decided I want something with more zoom. I have compared the specs and they are fairly similar, Nikon's being slightly better, and $225-ish is as much as I'm willing to pay, so that's how I narrowed it down. The S8200 seems better than the newer S6300.

So I'm wondering if anyone has used either or both of these cameras and can give an edge to one or the other in areas that cannot be objectively measured, like responsiveness, ease of use, image quality, etc. I am leaning towards the Nikon for its closer focusing macro, faster max shutter speed, and 100mm more zoom. But I might take the Sony instead if it worked a lot better, or the menus were easier to use, or stuff like that.

IcyVeins's gear list:IcyVeins's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W290
Nikon Coolpix S6300 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX7V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX10 Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow