Started Feb 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sigma Nick
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
5D2 Questions?
Feb 13, 2012

I recently picked up a 5d2 since I switched to Canon and now I have a 1d2 and a 5d2. I have a couple quick questions that aren't very clear in the owners manual.

1.) In camera noise reduction is not applied to full size RAW files? Yes or NO? from my test shots I'd say No. ( developing in LR3)

2.) When shooting RAW at what ISO do you know for sure you will have to apply noise reduction in post? With my 1D2 I know that if I shoot ISO 800 or 1600 I will be applying +30 or +50 N/R in LR3.

3.) I noticed that with LR3 the RAW files look over sharpened with the default import settings. Is this a common issue?

4.) I've been using "standard" picture style for most shots. Does the picture style matter when you shoot RAW? Is neutral, faithful, portrait a better option? ... I know this is a matter of opinion but I would like to hear your feedback.

5.) What is your preferred low ISO setting for outdoor daytime portraits? 50,100,200? What ISO do you think gives the best dynamic range?

Thanks Im sure I can think of more questions but I'll start small. I appreciate any 5D2 users opinions.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow