D400 = D7000 Sensor, Higher FPS in D300 Body?

Started Feb 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Giorgio_K
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
Re: D400 = D7000 Sensor, Higher FPS in D300 Body?
In reply to DBCapybara, Feb 12, 2012

Well said! I'm exactly in the same boat. I don't believe in better ISO capabilities of a packed sensor ... 24MP in DX, I wonder how many people really need this resolution and for what?! I'll move to the D700 if this turn out to be the case ...

DBCapybara wrote:

If the D400 is 24MP, I definitely won't be buying one. I love everything about my D300 other than I wish is had better high ISO performance. Larger MP sensors with higher pixel density are not the way to get better ISO performance. Making a better sensor with lower pixel density and better processing circuitry would be.

Fingers crossed but I think many of you are correct, the D400 will have a stupid amount of MP. About 98% of the audience for this camera show almost all of their images on Facebook or the web, not in 16 x 20 prints, more MP is totally useless for most of us, unless we suck at photography and can't frame an image correctly. "Oh, let's crop the heck out of this image and totally reframe it because we lack the skills to take a good image in the first place."

Dan

-- hide signature --

I am all about the images not the gear.

Giorgio_K's gear list:Giorgio_K's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow