ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Iceman1973
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
Nex 5N indoors
Feb 12, 2012

Hi everyone,

It was too cold to be out taking pics yesterday - and as I wanted to practice, I had to make do indoors. I was cleaning up and found a gem hidden in an old box somewhere I could not remember existed. Pice below - have ordered an adapter.

Since I got the nikkors I have not had a good chance to put them to a goo test yet - but so far I'm not liking the 45mm pancake - I feel a range like 45mm should let me get a bit closer to my subjects - but this one fails. Plus I'm not liking the end results - maybe personal taste but that is another story for another thread when I have some decent pics to go beside my point.

Below are my attempts with what I had in hand - since not having a macro lens I made do with the kit lens, nikkor 35mm f2.8, and 85mm f1.8. (both AI version)
Also added is a touch of DXO film pack - filenames indicate the look used.

Hope you enjoy and kindly bash away with some CC. They might not be to everyone's taste but we all need a little pat on the back and a boot up the a.. sometimes to know we're on the right track...

First one is a close-up of my wife's embroidery (part of it - cropped slightly) taken with the 35mm f2.8 - I love this lens and the 24mm version - both let me get close to subject and pics look great from far as well..

2nd - Taken with the kit lens - not that I'm a pentax fan but I love the lenses and I must have gotten this one only for the lens at some photography fair a few years ago.

3rd - 85mm f1.8

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow