ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633
Like?
suddenly craving a fuller system
Feb 12, 2012

I love the NX system, I really do.

But lately, I've noticed some odd inconsistencies in my NX10, like an occasional longer shutter lag (I'm bad with estimates, but I'd guess somewhere from a fourth of a second to 3/4 of a second) with my 30mm. And as I'm getting more into photography, I'm finding the NX10 unnecessarily simplistic. The menus are nice, but there's a severe lack of customization.

And aside from that, as I'm looking to accessorize, I'm finding the lack of flashes, wireless firing/receiving, connection ports (esp. a mic jack input), related connection accessories like a microphone, cheap lenses, and almost never being able to try or feel any NX things in store before buying is all a bit off-putting.

Of course, except for M4/3 to an extent and the new Pentax K-01 series, this is an issue for all mirrorless systems that will be covered in time.

But I want certain photos NOW...and I'm seriously considering buying a DSLR just because those systems already have all those things.

I bought the NX10 cause it was comfortable, had the best set of compromises of IQ, handling, etc. of mirrorless cameras at the time for me, and was small with the 30mm attached to it. But as I'm expanding my photographic explorations, suddenly size doesn't seem that imperative. And without size, what's the point of mirrorless (although within the decade I'm guessing we'll be asking, "What's the point of the mirror?" But until then, a decade of shooting is a lot of shooting :P)

Also, this seems to be the most capable flash at the moment:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/708433-REG/Samsung_ED_SEF42A_ED_SEF42A_External_Flash_for.html

Anybody use it? Is it good enough for portraits, lighting up a small background for things like said portraits and small product photography? Can it be wirelessly fired, or is it hotshoe only?

Pentax K-01 Samsung NX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow