"Real" E-M5 cost may be closer to $1800?

Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
LinusP
Contributing MemberPosts: 579
Like?
Re: "Real" E-M5 cost may be closer to $1800?
In reply to dkadc, Feb 12, 2012

dkadc wrote:

If I knew more about how well that darn EVF allows manual focusing I could skip worrying about buying any new glass at all, and be happy with manual focus on every lens I own...its not that I mind automatic focus, I don't. What I mind is that every camera that has manual focus makes it a pain to manual focus in a quick, easy to verify way...I miss the split image in the middle, the prisms around the split image, the ground glass that clearly showed you were out of focus.

I believe all the Olympus Micro Four Thirds cameras since the E-PL1 have had a Magnify button that will zoom into the focus point for focus confirmation. Set the focus point, tap the button, focus, tap the button again, compose, and shoot. The E-M5 lacks a dedicated Magnify button, but with its two control wheels and multiple programmable buttons, I'd be surprised if this functionality weren't available somehow. Here's a thread about manual focus from the Micro Four Thirds forum that might help:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=40474673

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow