Started Feb 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Archiver
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,305
Like?
Are you a DPx loyalist?
Feb 12, 2012

Are you still using a DPx for your primary or everyday camera? And if so, for how long have you done so?

I have to admit that I stopped using the DP1 and DP2 as everyday cameras when I got the Ricoh GXR in the first quarter of 2011. Prior to that, I had been using the DP1 and DP2 on a nearly daily basis since 2008, which means that I got about two and a half years of DPx usage.

I bought the DP1 around mid 2008. At first I was perplexed by its quirks, but once I had established its limitations, I loved it. I stopped shooting film as I had found a camera that gave me film-like images with all the convenience of digital. I took it on trips where it photographed the snow, beaches, deserted country roads and outdoor markets. I even managed to use it in dark museums once I understood how to do this.

The DP1 was so good that I bought a DP2 in the second half of 2009. The handling and interface was much better and the colours different, but still great. SPP improved over the years, too. The DP2 traveled all over Australia with me alongside the Ricoh GRD III. For quite some time I used the GRD III and DP2 as everyday carry.

The Ricoh GXR has swayed me, though. Much better handling of colour in mixed lighting, much better high ISO, and overall speed and reliability makes the GXR a better camera overall. But I still shoot with the DP1 and DP2 from time to time, relishing the colours and sharpness.

So how about you? Do you still shoot a DPx as a primary camera?
--
Archiver - Loving Every Image Captured Always
http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiver/

Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow