ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robert Schoner
Contributing MemberPosts: 964
Like?
Help! Installing Ubuntu and PC Died
Feb 11, 2012

Hi,

I have a PC with both Windows XP and 7 installed on different disks. I just choose which disk to boot in the BIOS. I had a free hard drive so I decided to try to install Ubuntu on it. I boot Ubuntu from a CD but it could not find the new disk; but it did find the XP disk and asked if I wanted to install alongside XP. I said yes and continued. I was not sure about the next step so I tried to go back; Ubuntu locked. Neither manual reset nor holding the power button in would shut down the machine. I kept trying to shut down Ubuntu so I tried Suspend. The machine shut down. Now, it will not turn on. Pushing the power button has no effect. I turned the power supply off and waited hoping for some kind of a reset. But no luck. It's an Asus P5 B Deluxe board and I can see a blue light on it when the PS is turned on so something is getting power but pushing the On button in the front has no effect. The machine is dead.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob Schoner

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow