Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
marian999
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
My FZ150 is bad
Feb 11, 2012

I bought FZ150 and it is not good, or maybe I am not good photographer, one or the other

I so far had only Canon cams (last 10 years) and was happy with them. Based on great reviews I decided I would go for the ultrazoom Panny FZ150, so far it was the mistake. Why? The pics I take, I talk about indoor night and day pics, are not good., they are very computer like, I mean when compared to Canon's they look like computer took the picture and not the camera.

I know I am comparing the Canon's 1 1/7" CCD with the 1 2/3" MOS but still I would not expect this difference, Clearly the Powershot A650is pics are like pics from camera and Panny pics are like pics from computer. It was mostly visible when using settings sharpness at +1 or +2, currently best settings I have managed are Vivid, contrast 0, sharpness -1, saturation -1 and noise -1. Still if I look 200% at the picture I see bad pixelisation, with Canon I see blurred picture at ISO 250 but better is Canon even though it is not that clear, it is still camera pic and not computer pic, for me now Panny is a computer in the body of the camera. At the first glance Panny's pics are better but more detailed view shows Canon produces pictures and Panny produces computer pictures. I like all about the Panny, ergonomics, size, speed, weight, features bit the pictures are not good. I hope I am doing something wrong as I do like the camera except for the pic.
Help me to please to get the best out of the FZ150

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow