Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
d3xmeister
Senior MemberPosts: 1,429
Like?
Olympus colors. The truth.
Feb 11, 2012

Ok everybody, we've seen that so many times. Many people rave about Olympus colors in jpeg, but also in RAW. I am one of those people.

Then there at least as many people saying that it is stupid, because shooting rRAW is a breeze to get Olympus colors, or any colors you want.

I was an Olympus shooter for a long time, but shot with Nikon also, and for almost a year I own Nikon gear too.

Well, no matter what I did, I could not get Olympus colors with Nikon, shooting RAW, trying to match colors from identical pictures. No matter what I did I cannot do it.

It does not matter which colors are better. And also I will be glad if somebody makes a profile, it's not about that either.

It's about the truth. So many fights especially at Olympus forum, so many people saying colors does not matter in RAW, because they can be easily matched.

Well, it;s time for the truth. I have downloaded samples form IR, Olympus E-PL1 jpegs and raws, plus Nikon D5100 raw's. Can anybody make the D5100 bottle/crayons scene to match colors with the E-PL1 jpeg ? Good luck, we will finally find out what is the truth.

I am guessing first we have to match WB, which is easy to do with perfectly white objects in the samples. After we match WB, I don't know what's next

Uploaded the files in my dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4657209/OlyNikonFiles.zip

Nikon D5100 Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow