Pre-ordered D800E -- big mistake -- for studio photographers only

Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Senior MemberPosts: 1,908
Like?
Re: Pre-ordered D800E -- big mistake -- for studio photographers only
In reply to vandv, Feb 11, 2012

vandv wrote:

According to Nikon:

"The D800E ... is a great option for RAW shooters who are in a position to control light, distance and their subject to the degree where they can mitigate the risk of moiré and any false color."

Sounds to me this is for the studio only. It makes sense that someone who does studio photography would reach for the d800e (vs d4 or d800). I do not do studio, I do mostly street and landscape.

I cant control light, distance, or subject!

I wonder if I can switch from d800e to d800 at amazon? Has anyone done this? I dont think amazon is designed to make these type of changes.

There is a reason why only 1 in 10 D800 is the "e". I fell into the trap "it costs more, so it must be better".

It's simple, if you shoot a variety subjects, which is most of the photographers on here, the D800 is your camera. If you shoot in controlled situations and know how to get rid of moire, and stick to one type of photography only - landscape photography or studio then the D800E might be worth a look.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow