Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danny006
Contributing MemberPosts: 808Gear list
Like?
Slide show effect in 8fps and how to make the best of it
Feb 11, 2012

First, I am happy with my A77 and already made some nice pictures, see my gallery.

But in 8fps it is very difficult to follow an object, the so called 'slide show effect'.

When in 12fps it is much easier because of the higher refresh rate. But this is an automatic mode, so you can't use aperture or shutter priority. This is true if you are on AF-A or AF-C shooting mode. If you go to AF-S, suddenly you can set aperture to whatever you like. I am sure some of you knew that, but I didn't untill today.

So being in 12fps, AF-S, shooting short bursts and allowing to focus between them (and not filling the buffer to fast), it is much easier to track an object.

This is my main shooting mode from now on. I wonder how many people also didn't know that.

danny006's gear list:danny006's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow