D800 - a dying species

Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Charly Diaz Azcue
Regular MemberPosts: 109
Like?
Re: D800 - a dying species
In reply to Michel Savage, Feb 11, 2012

Michel Savage wrote:

For travel, PJ and street photography, smaller is wiser. The D800 is not smaller and wiser (except maybe for the DR feature - a feature, which can be implemented in the smallest of cameras anyway.) It's as bulky and complicated as ever.

All this to say that Nikon may be showing prowess, but it ain't innovative at all.

Sorry I don´t agree about the PJ / not even with your vision of the D800 beeing bulky and complicated as ever.

Every news agency use DSLR (AP, AFP, EFE, REUTERS, etc, etc, etc), in any terrain & weather.

Look at the World Press Photo of the year, was taken with a D700 and the D800 it's a little smaller.

You can use a point & shoot ? sure you can, but sadly, as today no point & shoot offers not the quality not the speed you need in A LOT of situations for PJ work.

Ofcourse with time bigger sensors AND powerfull small cameras will appears, the G1X is a good sign and I think I will get one but for hardcore work G1x wont cut it ´cause it´s still a slow operation camera with a slow lens.

Best Regards

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BTWNew
yawnNew
LHCNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow