ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Avaron
Regular MemberPosts: 481
Like?
Impressions of the E-M5 from the CP+
Feb 11, 2012

Hi guys,

I was at the CP+ in Yokohama and checked out the E-M5. In person it looks absolutely gorgeous and the hump is far smaller than it appears on the pictures. The mate black version is especially stunning, although the silver version looks really good with the silver lenses. The cam is way smaller than I expected its (except for the small hump) not really any bigger than my e-pl2.

It has a multiaspect sensor that is different from the g3/gx-1 and the IBIS is working while taking videos. There was a clip playing where the video is being compared and the normal video on the left was a little shaky but the one with IBIS on the right was extremely smooth and looked better than all camcorders with OIS I had, which is really great! The AF is also hilariously fast and very precise. At least compared to the e-pl2 and at least as fast as the e-pl3 (which I also checked out), if not faster. The rate of taking pictures is also extremely fast and the camera feels very very good. It's like a real pro tool that m43 was missing. Even better then the pana gh cams.

Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus PEN E-PL3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow