Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jez EMIN
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
I'm totally confused (about the D800) - sorry, I'm not a gearhead
Feb 11, 2012

I have a D700 - I've been very happy with it, it's a lovely camera and I love taking pictures with it.

Is the D800 a replacement to the D700 ??

I was expecting it to be, but I'm not sure.

Do I 'need' 36mp ?? Nope. whilst I wouldn't say no to a few more mp than 12.1, but 36mp for me is like "what am I going to do with all these pixels" - most likely reduce my images 90% of the time.....

Am I bothered that it only shoots at 4fps ?? Nope because 90% of the time I shoot in 'single' mode.

100% viewfinder ?? Nice, yes please.

Works in DX mode (doesn't the D700), which I'm sure would be nice (getting decent sized images still, with all those pixels to play with).

But is it quieter in operation (i.e. shutter 'clatter') ?? That'd be welcome, my D700 I believe is the noisiest camera there is !!

Video ?? Well, yes, I'd like to dabble with video, so that'd be welcome.....

I'm just left thinking I've been excitedly waiting to know what the D700 replacement was going to be, and now it's here, I won't say I'm disappointed, for I'm sure it's a fantastic camera, but not sure it's replacing what I've already got and isn't exactly hitting the spot for me.

Anyone else feel the same deflated way ?!?!

Jez EMIN
http://www.jezemin.com

Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow