Great future for FT!

Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
kuaimen
Regular MemberPosts: 306
Like?
Re: Great future for FT!
In reply to sauchiyong, Feb 11, 2012

Exactly!

I think Oly could "just" update the sensor (and circuit board that goes with the sensor and maybe another thing or two) and put the updated guts inside E-5 and give E-5 new lease on life.

Oly need to keep up the sensor performance anyways at or close to competition for mFT to be viable, and they "just" need to stuff E-5 with that new sensor ... pretty simple, eh? Then they can keep selling those HG/SHG FT lenses ...

sauchiyong wrote:

EM-5 is a clear indication of what 16MP FT sensor can do! descent high ISO performance and excellent 5 axis IS. If you simply put that sensor on a E-5 you have a winner there already. Compare with FF Canon 1DX. and Nikon D4 and the winner is clear, and there is still the two stops advantage, 1 stop for being able to use lens wide open, and 1 stop for usual 1 stop faster lens. In a much smaller package too.

may be not for high res application such as adv and landscape, but for sport and news which D4 and 1DX are for, an DSLR with the new sensor Olympus especially as a system will be is a sure win.

I predicted Olympus FT advantage will start to take effect in two years. I made that comment half a year ago, and I think it is very clear now. I expect a shift from Nikon and Canon to Olympus for sport and news soon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow