ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Derouyag
Contributing MemberPosts: 824Gear list
Like?
Time to leave this forum...
Feb 10, 2012

and move up to the big boys.

I will keep my D200 (for my kids to play with) and upgrade to a new D800e. The D200 has served me well but lacks in many of the advances of technology. With cameras now capable of handling good pictures at ISO3200, it seems like a good time to upgrade from an old camera that can give good pictures at ISO400.

Now my D200 has the extra battery thingy and a RRS "L" bracket. I don't think I will do that with the D800. Specs tell me that there will be no gain in FPS in FX mode. So all I need is that RRS "L" bracket.

Alright maybe I need to replace one of my DC lenses too. My goto lens the Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 will need to be replaced. Looks like I will need a Sigma or Nikon 24-70mm f2.8.

Hey... if you are going to spend + $3k on a camera, what is another + $2k for a lens and "L" bracket.

On second thought, I might wait just little longer. My kids are complaining they are hungry again. Greedy, selfish kids... don't they know daddy needs a camera. I'll be back later after I tuck them into their sleeping bags in their tent under the cold Alberta stars. I'll tell you when I was their age...

Derouyag's gear list:Derouyag's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +7 more
Nikon D200 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow