ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Derouyag
Contributing MemberPosts: 813Gear list
Like?
Time to leave this forum...
Feb 10, 2012

and move up to the big boys.

I will keep my D200 (for my kids to play with) and upgrade to a new D800e. The D200 has served me well but lacks in many of the advances of technology. With cameras now capable of handling good pictures at ISO3200, it seems like a good time to upgrade from an old camera that can give good pictures at ISO400.

Now my D200 has the extra battery thingy and a RRS "L" bracket. I don't think I will do that with the D800. Specs tell me that there will be no gain in FPS in FX mode. So all I need is that RRS "L" bracket.

Alright maybe I need to replace one of my DC lenses too. My goto lens the Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 will need to be replaced. Looks like I will need a Sigma or Nikon 24-70mm f2.8.

Hey... if you are going to spend + $3k on a camera, what is another + $2k for a lens and "L" bracket.

On second thought, I might wait just little longer. My kids are complaining they are hungry again. Greedy, selfish kids... don't they know daddy needs a camera. I'll be back later after I tuck them into their sleeping bags in their tent under the cold Alberta stars. I'll tell you when I was their age...

Derouyag's gear list:Derouyag's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +5 more
Nikon D200 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow