ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
walliswizard
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
Understanding D7000 EV adjustment after calibrating my light meter
Feb 10, 2012

Weird title, probably.

Anyway, I've spent a happy evening trying to calibrate my light meter to my (Dad's) D7000 body with my lenses. It would be rather nice if Nikon could ship a few D7000's into the UK so I could actually buy one, and at a reasonable price, but until then...

So on two of the three lenses the adjustment I had to dial in to the meter was about +0.3, with +0.2 on the 50mm 1.4.

I didn't know I needed to do this until recently, so having done this now I'm pretty pleased with myself and can thoroughly tick the box that says 'ooh, something new that I've learnt'.

So now that I know this, I have a couple of questions. Go easy on me here - I'm still not completely comfortable with the whole f/stop thing.

So my light meter suggests it needs to give an over-exposure that is +3 tenths of a stop. Does this mean that my camera is metering -0.3? If so, under normal use in aperture priority for example should I look to dial in a +0.3 on the EV as a good starting point?

I kinda got the impression from a few threads that the D7000s were prone to overexposing, not underexposing? If so, mine seems the opposite (which brings a nice balance to the world). Or am I confused (like normal!)

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow