Started Feb 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sunnyngtx
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
The Reasons I Am Going with a D4
Feb 10, 2012

1. There is a reason why Nikon make D4 a 16MP camera and Canon make 1D MarkX a 18 MP camera.(IQ issue)

2. I will need 2 D800s (1 E and 1 non E) to make it a complete D800 camera. More than half of the people here still not sure which D800 to get(myself included).

There is too many 'what if' situation if I got either one. I never heard of moire problem until D800 was announced. And 2 D800s do not perform nearly as well as a D4 (I assumed).

3. Much more superior ISO performance. Isn't that one of the reason we want a FF camera?

4.400,000 shutter rating vs 200,000 on D800. Again you will need 2 D800s to achieve that.

5. D4 is a complete camera and D800 not so. I do not have to upgrade until D5 is out. It is harder to out-grow a D4 than a D800.

6. D4 is a professioanal grade camera. Everything is made with better materials.

I have cancelled my D800E from Amazon after reading this forum for the last few days. To me, D800 is a great camera especially for the value but it just has too many question marks. I do understand D4 cost twice as much as a D800 but for the long run I am going with the D4.

Canon EOS-1D Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow