Started Feb 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alex Mylnikov
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
I am always two steps behind Olympus and I am happy
Feb 10, 2012

I did not post on this forum for a long time. Mostly because I was happy with my Olympus E-1. I used it mostly with old lenses from Pentax, Minolta, Mir and other brands. I have a few original Olympus lenses, but I found that old prime lenses work very well on my Olympus E-1 and itg accepts all of them without any problem..

Here is a link to the shot made with Minolta Rokkor-X 1:1.4 50 mm. The most beautiful lens that I found for E-1:

Recently I upgraded to E-3. My biggest concern was how E-3 will handle color. Finally I got it and my major concern was almost satisfied. The colors were there. I can not say that they are the same convincing as in E-1, but they are very good. Everything else are much better and I really love this camera, but I still missing something from E-1. It is beyond the technical specs, I lost a level of synergy that I had with E-1.

I am attaching couple of shots made with E-3. I tried to reproduce similar shooting conditions. Pictures are made with the same Minolta Rokkor 1:1.4.

Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow