Started Feb 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ZoranC
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,476
Like?
Re: X10 / X100 Returns Taken Here
In reply to kwa_photo, Feb 10, 2012

kwa_photo wrote:

(of course this post is in jest)

For those past their return period on your faulty Fuji X10's (assuming their will not be a recall), you may PM me and I'll pay the postage if you send me your X10. I'll gladly take it off of your hands so you don't have to suffer any longer.

I will also extend the offer to other X100 owners (I love mine) who are past their return period but are fuming mad about the lack of a FW update to address the AF issues and the menu issues. Additionally, I'll also take sticky blade X100's.

Don't let these worthless cameras take up space in your camera bags, homes and studios. They aren't perfect and should be subject to recall that will surely never come. My offer stands. I'll become an X10/X100 recycle center.

Additionally, I hear rumors that the XS-1 may suffer from orbs and/or "lens droop". If this is confirmed, I'll extend the offer to XS-1's as well.

What will I do with the cameras? Since I don't have an X10 or XS-1, I'll pick the cream of the crop and use it for a personal camera within that camera's limitations using proper photographic technique with full awareness of flaws in design. I'll also take an additional X100 since I love mine so much. The other cameras will be cleaned, thoroughly check and then sold for a hefty discount versus the standard used price.

The profits from the sales will go towards expanding the recycling program in preparation of the new X pro system and all of the lenses - as well as when the follow ups to the X10 and X100 are announced and sold.

Once you are free of your X camera, feel free to go buy a micro-4/3, Sony NEX, Nikon V or DSLR, Canon DSLR or G1X. Happy shooting!

FTF never lacked court jesters, be aware that competition for the job will be tough for you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow