What if Cannon makes a clean break with Studio/landscape?

Started Feb 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ben_Egbert
Forum ProPosts: 20,228Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon is taking specialization to a new plateau with D800/D800E
In reply to Hans Kruse, Feb 10, 2012

Hans Kruse wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

And I think Canon was doing so less obviously with the 5D2 vs. 1Ds3. The disparity in price blurred this to a large degree. The 1Ds3 might as well never existed for the vast majority of Canon users. It certainly wasn't a choice.

If you look at what happened over the last 4 years is that it was Canon who took the step to release a highrez camera that was not at the top of the price list. The 5D mkII was the reason that we now see the D800 and not a D4X. Also that we will not see a 1Ds equivalent but a 5D mkII successor at a competitive MP level. It would be very strange if this does not happen.

I bought my 1Ds mkIII before the 5D mkII came out exactly 4 years ago. It has served me well and will for some time still. But it was the last of its kind.

Same here.

I went out to get a moon illuminated snow scape this morning only to have solid cloud cover. While setting there I gave this some thought. My whole problem with photography is that I take boring pictures. I am sure I can work on that with the gear I have now.

I dwell on the technical side because its something I understand whereas art I don't.

-- hide signature --

When you can't focus, nothing else matters
Once you can, everything else does.

http://ben-egbert.smugmug.com/

Ben

Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow