Started Feb 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bluestreakrem
Regular MemberPosts: 144
Like?
7D and L lens
Feb 10, 2012

Been doing a lot of reading here and it's time to pull the trigger.

I'm getting ready to buy the 7D ( instead of the 60D) and need to know what two L lens would be best to have.

I plan to go the body only route because I don't think I'll be happy with the 18-135 kit lens although a lot of you seem to like it for the money. I just might get though to be cost effective and have a good walk around non L. Net out of pocket to get it is only $255.00.

For an L walk aroung lens I'm thinking something like :

EF 24-105 f4L IS USM (some say the 24mm is't wide enough for a walk around lens)
or
EF-S 15-85mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM

For telephoto the fast 70-200 with converter seems to be popular choice.

B&H has the EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II USM on sale for about $1975.00. Is that a good price? That's as cheap as I've seen it. That lens and a 1.4X or a 2x converter should be all the telephoto I'll need I'm guessing.
Would that pairing be ok for BIF and general wildlife pics?

I'd like to get the EF 100 2.8L Macro IS USM for macro bug/insect/flower work. It seems to be the better/more popular choice over the 60mm macro.

Someone told me all L lens are NOT weather sealed. I thought they were. Is that true?

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow