jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,332Gear list
Like?
Re: X1ORB & XSAG-1 What next?
In reply to Anepo, Feb 10, 2012

Anepo wrote:

Midwest wrote:

Keir76 wrote:

I was all set to buy an XS-1, now I'm thinking the only way of guaranteeing a high quality camera is to get a DSLR. I dont like the thought of spending so much money on something with such obvious flaws. Now contemplating a Canon 600d or its successor...which I know will end up much more expensive but it'll be worth it in the end I reckon.

With the 600D and three basic 'kit-level' lenses (18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, and 50mm f1.8) you will be set for some time to come. The other day someone in FTF posted that they had bought the X10 and were now going to buy the XS-1. Those two cameras together cost more than the 600D and the lenses I listed. I waited a long time to go to dslr because I bought into the 'expensive' argument but it really isn't so. I've got a 450D with the above lenses and a couple others I bought used; polarizing filters, spare battery and charger; infra red wireless remote and a bag to hold everything and I've got less than $1000 invested. That's not even getting into image quality.

Oh.... your talking about my dream kit package ^^

I sold my camera to help out the family due to well Iceland being bankrupt and all.

But someday I will buy a package like that mostly because the 70-300 costs to much for me but 55-250 is a nice range also.

I just wait and hope the euro crisis will not hit Iceland's currency if Greece finally gives up then I might be able to afford one. That is if the currency falls down 100% like ours did hehehe.

Go get the 55-250mm. It's a very nice lens and I think I am keeping it. Quack! Quack!

And I'll just get a compact travelzoom as a companion...

Tweet! Tweet!

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow