ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alexkrich
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Should I trade Nikon D7000 for Pentax K-5
Feb 10, 2012

Greetings,

I have Nikon D7000 with Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX, Nikon 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX ED VR and Tokina AT-X116PRDXN AT-X PRO DX 11-16mm.

It is my first Nikon (I used Canon before), I have it for over a year now and I still can't really get used to its controls. Plus I'm not particularly happy with the way AF works, including how easy (or should I say difficult) it is to change its setting when the situation changes quickly. Plus.. I can go on and on.

I'm not criticizing the camera, it's all matter of individual preferences. And I'm not trilled with what I'm getting out of my system.

I had a chance to try Pentax K-5 with Pentax DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR last week and it felt great! Better UI, better fast action performance, and (most surprisingly for me) better sharpness and color accuracy.

So the question is, should I trade my D700 with all its lenses for Pentax? It is a completely new ecosystem, so I'd have to get all new lenses as well. Any recommendations?

If I'd to trade, where should I go? I went to B&H in NYC last week just to get an idea and their trade-in prices are ridiculously low.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow