Tripod for gxr

Started Jan 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
M Dennis Fern
Regular MemberPosts: 181
Like?
Re: Tripod for gxr
In reply to breth, Feb 10, 2012

After considering your kind suggestions and looking at the Nex discussion, I've ordered a very lightweight and reasonably priced carbon fiber tripod, the Sirui t-025x, for the twIlight pics I enjoy taking with the GTX and Leica lenses. I am considering a small monopod from this company and lightweight ball head to carry around in my bag as well. On an unrelated topic, the news about folding the Richoh camera division into Pentax seems discouraging. With that ridiculous new zoom lens, just out, it may be that the GTX isn't going anywhere further unless Ricoh realizes the potential of the module is not to sell the large, expensive "lensors" but to offer custom platforms for legacy lenses, with the additional benefit of being able to update the sensor without having to replace the body. If the other mounts (Nikon, Canon, Minolta) are patented, that may not be possible, but I would have thought that these patents all expired by now. Just a thought to share...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow