I Might Trade-In My NEX-5N - Help!

Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
cultureshot
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Re: I Might Trade-In My NEX-5N - Help!
In reply to blue_skies, Feb 9, 2012

Thanks for all the tips, everyone!

• I feel like I'd run into the same ergonomics problem with the NEX-7, even if it is a bit larger. That and we're still gonna be waiting on lenses. Plus you could get a used 7D for the amount of money they're charging for the NEX-7.

• If I pay for the PDAF A Mount adapter, I might as well just go for an a65, since I want the larger ergonomics anyway. 5N plus the adapter makes it around the same price as an a65.

• The only reason I'd invest in the aging Canon system is that there is an entire ecosystem of third-party lenses and accessories. Everything seems to be built with Canons/Nikons in mind. If I grab a 60D with a few nice lenses, down the line Canon might get wise to mirrorless or figure out proper live view autofocus.

Anyway, I guess it depends on how much the shop is willing to give me for a trade in, or how much I can get for it online. Might still keep it as a b-camera, I do like it, but damn my gorilla hands!

cultureshot's gear list:cultureshot's gear list
Canon EOS 60D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow