Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RvPhotoTraveller
Regular MemberPosts: 388
Like?
PLEASE CANON, I Beg of You ! - 5D3 / 3D with 40 MP / 4K Video / PRO AF
Feb 9, 2012

As a landscape and wedding photographer I am in awe of the specs on the Nikon D800 - this seems to be my dream camera body. I prey to the camera gods that Canon will not let itself be outflanked by nikon and use some of the immense profits it has made on the 5D2 to get back in the game with a 40 MegaPixel / 4K Video / Pro Auto Focus 5D3 or 3D.

I have shot Nikon at two occasions in the past with F4 (film days) and the D200 from 2005-2008. I then saw the brilliantly revolutionary Canon 5DII and got one of the first units to arrive in Canada. Love this camera, (aside from the autofocus and auto bracketing) but would like to try larger prints up to 40x60. I WANT MORE MEGAPIXELS !

My budget doesn't allow for medium format digital (contemplated buying the Pentax 645D) Almost pulled the trigger on a Nikon D800 pre-order with b&h this morning, but have decided to give Canon a chance and see how they respond with the 5D3 or 3d

Unlike a lot of other photographers / videographers I have intentionally hedged my bets keeping half of my lenses in Nikon camp (like the stellar 14-24mm) using them on my canon bodies with the 16-9.com autofocus adapter. My other half of my lens collection is in the Canon L camp. So a switch would not be as painful as it would be for many.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D200 Nikon D800 Pentax 645D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow