A77 Battery Suggestions

Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Todd Taylor
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: Apparently you haven't checked lately
In reply to cyainparadise, Feb 9, 2012

So I caved-in to peer pressure and bought to Sony batteries from B&H

I did a LOT of searching and reading about batteries for the A77 and it seems like a lot of people were reporting issues with their aftermarket batteries not fully charging or at least not showing as being fully charged by the camera. (Then again, a few people reported the same thing with actual Sony brand batteries.) Many people also reported that the non-Sony batteries get stuck in the camera and have to be pried or "bumped" out. While that might not be a big deal, I guess it's one hassle I can live w/o.

What I found rather alarming is the non-Sony batteries that are even packaged to look like Sony batteries (probably the Chinese batteries mentioned already). Although I don't have a problem buying a non-Sony battery if it was being sold as a non-Sony battery, I'd be mad if I bought what I thought was a Sony battery only to find out it wasn't.

I'm still curious as to how well the Pearson batteries that B&H sells would work. I'd find it odd that B&H would sell a battery that was a complete peice-of-junk, hence tarnishing their name as well.

• Also note that genuine Sony batteries for the A77 are somewhat scarce right now. Amazon stopped listing them and Adorama is sold out.

Sony sells a "kit" bag that comes with a battery for under $70 (shown in the A77 literature). For someone who doesn't have a bag yet or a spare battery, that's probably a decent deal.
--
Sincerely,
Todd M. Taylor

Todd Taylor's gear list:Todd Taylor's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow