Olympus EP1- It's really growing on me..... This time.

Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cgarrard
Forum ProPosts: 14,501Gear list
Like?
Olympus EP1- It's really growing on me..... This time.
Feb 9, 2012

I trialed an EP1 a couple years back for Olympus and for whatever reason I didn't bond or connect with the camera then. Time changes things I suppose and I have to say that after I bought one for myself (incredibly low prices) it's really starting to take on me. None of the other m4/3 cameras appeal to me right now save the G3, but prices are too high to invest in an "experiment".

I'm particularly liking the simplicity of the EP1's exterior which is odd for me since I normally prefer as much external control as possible. In a way I guess the EP1 is a great snap shooter with some excellent customization and just enough buttons to tick my fiddle side.

Image quality is great at ISO 100 (I won't buy a camera that starts at ISO 200, sorry), and the Jpegs are fantastic.

Late to the game, no, just too good of a deal to turn down and at the same time I'm pleasantly surprised (unlike the X10).

More to come.

http://photographic-central.blogspot.com/

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude; nothing can help the man with wrong one."
-Thomas Jefferson

Fujifilm X10 Olympus PEN E-P1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ISOsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow