Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Martin Datzinger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,208
Like?
Must be a great time to be Canon user
Feb 9, 2012

Now, honestly. From someone who would have to spend about as much money to switch from Nikon DX to FX as to Canon FF.

The D800 is about the best thing that could possibly happen to you. Because now Canon can't just put a new 30+MP sensor in a new iteration of the same old 5D body. Rather than that, they're forced to finally launch something that would deserve the name 3D. A compact pro built body with reliable Autofocus. At the 5DII's original asking price.

Plus I see Canon at a definite advantage in the lens department already. I regard the 70~200/2.8 IS II slightly higher than the Nikon counterpart (except for the odd beige colouring), the 24~70/2.8 looks extremely promising (though I don't mind its pricetag and the loss of the ingenious hood/zoom arrangement of the old one) and the TS-E lenses are already way better than what Nikon has to offer. Macros are top notch. I'm neither interested in bright primes nor in ultrawideangle zooms, so if Nikon does have an advantage here, it doesn't interest me. Not the natural match for such a sensor anyway if you ask me, in stark contrast to perfectly executed tilt-shift wideangles.

Be happy!

Kind regards,
Martin

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow