Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
james2k50
Contributing MemberPosts: 572Gear list
Like?
Sony Alpha a230 "older camera but new to me"
Feb 9, 2012

This is my first DSLR and any gallery that you see is only composed of photos shot by a Fuji F300 EXR. That is also a great camera "to be fair" and I have used it extensively with great results. I have learned all of its features and then decided I should move on.

With that said I purchased the Sony Alpha a230 from Wal-Mart for $298 plus taxes which also came with the kit lens. The camera was a display model about two years ago and since it was never sold, was put away. Over time the price came down and hence the reason for the purchase.

When I got the camera home, I looked it over more closely and discovered unsightly fingerprints everywhere. They were even on the inside of the camera. I spoke to someone who is quite knowledgeable about cameras and they had the camera professionally cleaned.

Anyway to make a long story short I would like to know if anyone has used this camera and what are the right settings to achieve the best results. I am familiar with aperture, exposure compensation and shutter priority but would like to learn from those who have/are still using this camera. Also since it is an entry-level DSLR, how long will this camera last? Longevity?

Regards,
James

james2k50's gear list:james2k50's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A65
Sony Alpha DSLR-A230
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow