Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marc Rogoff
Regular MemberPosts: 480Gear list
Like?
Increase in running costs of the D800
Feb 9, 2012

I haver to say that as a D3x user and a fashion/interior and portraiture photographer that spends equal amounts of time in the studio and on location I am beginning to wonder about this camera(D800). Personally I dont really need the increase in MP and on the rare occasions that it is required i will hire a Hasselblad. Whilst the technology and price are nice improvements I would rather have an improvement in the High ISO level on the D3X than an increase in MP. Nobody is talking about the increase in costs that comes with bigger files (let alone video)....if you are shoot a lot you are going to have to increase your storage, probably get a new computer or at least pop some more ram into your existing one to cope with processing the files and this is not an insubstantial investment that if you add to the cost of the D800 plus grip means you would probably be better off buying a D3X. Just my thoughts.
--
http://www.marcrogoff.com
'Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.'
—Jalal ud-Din Rumi

Marc Rogoff's gear list:Marc Rogoff's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +1 more
Nikon D3X Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow