Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pangloss
Senior MemberPosts: 2,298Gear list
Like?
As predicted...
Feb 9, 2012

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/02/09/Ricohs_Pentax_division_absorbs_Ricoh_cameras

Hello guys,

I have moved to the Netherlands, hence my temporary "disappearance". I just browsed through dpreview.com today for a quick glance and the news about Ricoh hit me: that's just about what I had predicted, from the lack of announcements and nonexistent GXR roadmap.

Ricoh is being folded into Pentax. It seems logical, based on simple math: Ricoh's market share probably shrunk to

I am guessing the two brands will continue to co-exist for some time. As for the GXR... well, I have really given up on it as a mirrorless camera system.

The new Olympus OM-D E-M5 looks like the most attractive choice to me right now, with the 12mm and Panaleica 25mm lenses covering the FLs that I have l learned to use on the GXR, and the 45mm providing a nice portrait option. We'll see, waiting for the first reviews.
--
Andrew
Novice photographer

Pangloss's gear list:Pangloss's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR GR Lens A12 28mm F2.5 Nikon 1 V1 +4 more
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow