Who Would Have Thought The OMD E-M5 Would Create Such a Buzz???

Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ajwan
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?
Who Would Have Thought The OMD E-M5 Would Create Such a Buzz???
Feb 9, 2012

I'm a G3 owner and probably not going to get the E-M5. But I have been following the rumors and posts up to and beyond the release.

I gotta say, I'm really really surprised at the buzz the E-M5 has generated, much of it positive, especially among DSLR users. Case in point, 750+ comments on the DPR E-M5 preview on the first day alone (again, much of it positive). Rangefinder users don't seem as excited. On a related note, I'm also surprised at the level of awareness of the MFT system as a whole (at least among DPR readers)!

Case in point. Friend of mine (Canon 30D and an owner of several L and non-L lenses) turned up his nose at the system a few months ago. Fast forward to today...BAM! All of a sudden he's contemplating dumping his system in favour of the E-M5?!

As a casual observer, I'm intrigued at the level of emotion involved in the consideration of just a body. Then again, admittedly, I did feel wayyyyy more connected to my GF1 (like as though it had a soul) than my current G3 for some strange reason! LOL!

Regards,
AJW

-- hide signature --

Panasonic G3

Canon EOS 30D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow