Sony's Zeiss lenese with SLTs? No please!

Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SET Man
Forum MemberPosts: 70
Like?
Sony's Zeiss lenese with SLTs? No please!
Feb 9, 2012

Hey!

I don't post here much. Yes, I'm a long time A-mount user from 7xi and now A700.

Recently I picked up the Sony's Zeiss 24-70mm f2.8 zoom. And it is a beauty both in image quality and feel of the lens. Before this my main zoom is the 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 a nice in itself with wider range.

Anyway, so what is the reason of this post? Well, after seeing what the 24-70mm f2.8 can do I was impressed, very actually. It was money well spent. I do have plan to step up to FF body in the future but right now I don't do much shooting so I will wait. And when I do this 24-70mm f2.8 beauty will be there.

But! I know that there is a chance that Sony will only make FF SLT cam. And I just can't see myself using the Zeiss 24-70mm f2.8 with SLT knowing that I spent all the money for a great piece of glass and than put a translucent mirror between the lens and the censor!

I know some of you will think I'm crazy but really I don't want this SLT thing especially for FF cam. I don't care how good the translucent mirror is I just want something like the A900 but with upgraded electronics and censor . I don't care about video or fast frames per second. Well, if Sony people reading this I hope they would still produce SLR and not translucent SLT cameras with the feel of the old film came like Maxxum 7 and the A900 DSLR.

I don't know how mney o you feel the same way as me but I hope there is room for traditional DLSR for the next generation of Sony FF digi-cam.

Take care,
Buddy

Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow