ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Luis Eugenio
Regular MemberPosts: 136
Like?
DA 35mm f/2.4 AL vs. smc DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro
Feb 9, 2012

Hello friends,

I'm planning to buy a "standard" lens for my K-5 and 35mm seems to be a very good equivalent for 50mm FF. (I've been looking for something near it and there are plenty of options, if you think that are better choices than 35mm just let me know what you think!)

Anyway, I found 2 Pentax 35mm lenses. The DA 35mm f/2.4 AL ($169.95 @ Amazon) and the smc DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Limited ($569.95 +sh @ Amazon).

This is a huge difference in price, so I was wondering if the 2.4 is a great deal or if I'll regret not buying the Limited... So far, that's what I have found out:

• 2.4 is all plastic while Limited is aluminum

• No quick-shift focus for 2.4; Yes for Limited

• Focus ring turns while focusing on 2.4 (not sure about Limited)

I've already read this nice thread ( http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1036&thread=40532118 ) about the 2.4 and it seems to be a good lens. Just wondering if you could provide some more information about those lenses and what would be a better choice.

BTW, the purpose of buying this lens is to have a prime for good quality photos of my wedding trip to Dubai & Maldives latter this year. It will add up to my K-5 kit lens (18-55mm), Pentax DA 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 ED AL IF and Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC.

Thank you for your opinion and for helping me!

Best regards,
Luis

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow