I ordered a D800E instead of a D800. Did I make a mistake?

Started Feb 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Baboobaht
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
I ordered a D800E instead of a D800. Did I make a mistake?
Feb 8, 2012

Today I ordered a D800E. I did it because I like the idea of having the sharpest photos possible. I’m not a professional photographer, but I do plan on buying top-notch glass for this camera.

How often, realistically, might I encounter moire patterns when using this camera?

Many of my photos will involve people, many of whom will be wearing football and hockey jerseys (that often do have repetitive patterns). I understand what moire patterns are, but since I’ve never encountered them in my previous photos, I don’t have a grasp on how prevalent they are. Are they really a rare thing -- i.e. something that will only occur when the conditions are just right, or are they something that readily occur every time you take a photo of something patterned at a distance?

Also, I’m a bit concerned by the fact that getting rid of moire patterns and color aberrancy in photos like you might get from a D800E aren’t simple processes. They require MULTIPLE steps in Photoshop. Is this correct?
So, if you were in my shoes, would you change your order to a D800?

Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow